Friday, May 15, 2009

First Blog Ever

Ok so I'm very new at blogging, so bear with me. My life has recently been turned up side down and after emailing a good friend my life update, she suggested a blog, so why not!

Here goes: its May 15, 2009. I am packing up my life's precious treasures to put in storage for a few months. I am moving out of the apartment that I have shared with my boyfriend, of about 4 years, to go live with my parents in Kentucky, not to mention we've also recently broken up. What prompted such a drastic move you should ask? I failed the bar.

Back in February, after studying my ass off for weeks, I took the MA bar exam. A two-day exam that is physically and mentally taxing on your body. I wasn't sure I aced it but with all the support from my friends, I knew I must have done well. I did well enough that I was 3 points from passing. I've been a little mad at the world since I found out I was only 3 points off.

Once I got the results, I knew I had to do something different. After I got over the initial shock of the bar failure, I got to work on making a plan for myself. I spent a lot of time talking with friends, family, and a few select others. In order to be successful on this bar, I needed to be somewhere that I would be completely supported by others (because I wasn't the first time around), where I had nothing to worry about but myself and studying for this bar. My parents were really pushing me to come stay with them, so I made the best decision I could: I was moving to Kentucky.

On a side not, but a rather important one: Prior to my bar results, I became aware that my relationship with Matt wasn't headed in a good direction. So I broke up with him. Its not as easy as I'm writing it to be but the short version is that I broke up with him because we just weren't a match for each other.

So in a few short days, I'll be packing up some clothes and books in my car, driving to pick up Lois (my best friend in life), and making the 1,000 mile drive to the Blue Grass state. I'll return to Massachusetts when I find a place to live and a job. I'll continue to make updates on the happenings in Kentucky, as this will certainly be a life experience.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I'm so glad you're getting lucky :-) Great that Lois is coming along for the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it! Smart moves my friend:) Enjoy the family, and dominate round 2:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay a blog!

    this is all a start of something good...i can feel it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that this is the start of something big and good for you! I'm bummed that I won't be there for the road trip, but I'd be a bit afraid to ride in that estrogen mobile anyway! Keep up the good work and remember that you have the support of us here too.

    P.S. If you are ever up at 6:25am with nothing better to do then blogging, I want you to go back to bed immediately. You are crazy!

    ReplyDelete