Friday, October 8, 2010

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

This week's been good. Been really busy at work, which is a nice change since it was so quiet this summer.

I started the process of applying for new jobs. I haven't led on to my boss that I am looking but with the summer work coming to an end, I have no choice. I've applied for two this week and will keep applying until I find something.

I've got a busy Columbus Day weekend planned with tons of work, and a few social plans here and there. I'm working two boats on Saturday and two boats on Sunday. Makes for long days, but the money's good and hey who couldn't use some extra cash. Secretly I'm planning on finally getting a new laptop and possibly an ipod touch after this weekend.

Running has been somewhat painful lately. I don't know if sometimes I've just pushed it too hard or what, but about once a month I have some ailment that causes pain when running. Right now its my left calf. Last month, I had the same problem with shin splints. I figure I'll take it easy for a few days maybe just do small runs every other day and pick back up next week.

I'm scheduled to run my second 5k next Saturday. Its another small fun run. My friend Chris is running this one again too, so I'm happy I'll have a running buddy, even if I'm just chasing his dust the whole run. I also signed up for the Sunapee Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I'm hoping that more of Team Appleseed will sign up too.

Its about a month until my swearing in and my parents' trip to NH. I'm more excited to see them than I am for the swearing in. The last time I saw my mom we were both 30 plus pounds heavier, so I think it'll be great to see each other so thin.

My wise words of advice for the week: if you're not happy, you're the only one that change that. Go out and do something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment