Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sunapee Turkey Trot!

Another fantastic race for me! I ran the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning with about 800 other people from the area. It was a good run with a challenging beginning.

The first third to half mile of the race was up a very steep incline. I kept my head down and just focused on keeping a good pace for myself. I passed a few people on the hill. I don't think a lot of people were prepared for the intensity of the hill. However, since I moved so well up the hill, a lot of people ended up passing me on the way down or throughout the rest of the race. I finished 99th out of 813 runners, with a time of 24:34. Not my personal best, but still good considering. I finished 6th for women in my age group too.

A lot of the Fentons ran/walked the route too. Pete and Kyle both completed their first 5ks with good times.

I've started tappering down on my running. I've taken 2 days out a week to do Zumba instead. It helps with the cold weather, and I find my muscles like the change. I'd really like to run a half marathon in the spring. I'm going to start looking for a half marathon and start a schedule of distances I'd like to accomplish each week. I am also hoping that with winter picking up the various sports will help strength my muscles for a longer run.

No comments:

Post a Comment