Thursday, April 14, 2011

Running Coach

Seriously, I have a running coach, and the best part - he's free! Right before I started working at my new firm, one of the partners googled me and found out that I run. He's also a runner and loves to run every day. So it's been his mission since I started here to make me a better runner. I really appreciate his efforts, and even though he annoys the crap out of me, he pushes me. He makes me run when I don't want to, he makes me run harder than I'd like and I've gotten better. When I run by myself, I push but I don't push to the point that I can't breathe and don't feel like I can push any further.

We usually run before work, which lapses into work time, but apparently that doesn't matter to him. I mean he's my boss so as long as he's ok with it and I get my work done, I really make out in the deal.

I've got my first 5k of the season lined up for next weekend. I haven't found anyone to run with me yet, but I am sure I will. Matt wants to do it but without knowing his work schedule, its hard to plan for next weekend. My goal would be to break out of the 24:00 minutes, however, it my first race of the season so I don't want to kill myself in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment