Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Catching up

Its been sometime since I've really taken the time to update everyone on my happenings. So to start (which I mentioned in my last blog), I've met someone incredible. Matt and I met on plentyoffish.com the day after Thanksgiving. I mentioned that I was a runner, and he in fact looked me up. He figured out that we had run together in the same 5k and I had beat him by 11 seconds. We ended up meeting a few days later at a local bar. We were both quiet and shy but tried hard to have a conversation. It was clear we were both scared and hesitant. Interestingly enough, we befriended someone at the bar, who was new to the area, and he bought our beers. We chatted very little the first week, except for a few texts. We had our second date on a Friday and we went to Margaritas. Concord had also shut down Main Street and was having a bit of a winter festival so we went to that as well. We grabbed a few beers after dinner and that was that. He drove me back home and I remember chatting in his car. I said "good night" and he simply touched my knee and said something. I don't remember what but I think it could have been "good night." The next night we went out on our third date, to the Appleseed. There was a band playing. Matt secretly invited his boss and his girlfriend to join us. Again we got free drinks (there was a pattern going there for a while). He coyly said to me: "I'll show you my house tomorrow if you show me your apartment tonight." He was so smooth about it, it was pretty funny. I knew though that I didn't want anything to happen; I didn't want any sort of relationship solely based on physical intimacy. So I led him up to the 3rd floor and showed him around. I remember pointing and saying "that's my bedroom" but I don't think I ever actually showed him. We were chatting, standing in the kitchen and he said "do I get a good night kiss?" If you can imagine, he was trying to be so smooth and cavalier. We kissed and almost couldn't stop. He remarked that I liked kissing and after a few kisses he said he didn't want to leave, but we both agreed he was going home. Since then we've been pretty much inseparable. We spend a lot of time doing activities together: running, skiing, grooming, grocery trips, home depot adventures and the sort. We really enjoy each other's company and usually spend a fair amount of time laughing together. In the past month, I've also moved and started a new job. On my advice, don't ever try to do them both at the same time, its disastrous. I was a stress ball for weeks and it really wasn't worth the insanity. Either way, I'm happy with both decisions. I've got a much bigger, nicer apartment. There's more space, its more organized (or will be eventually), and there's a potential of a pet now. Matt spends most nights at my place so having more room is also a bonus there. My new job is AMAZING! While I haven't been able to dive in fully yet, its real lawyer work. I have clients, I'll represent them in court, and the paychecks are livable. The partners and associates are great and its not a sham either! The commute is an hour in each direction, but I don't mind the drive and I enjoy the time (usually). Life is pretty good right now. I feel like I'm finally growing up and making some serious progress in life. Running will kick up again soon, I'm currently fighting a nasty cold. My plan is to run a 5k every month for the rest of the year. I already have a bunch lined up. Hopefully I can convince myself to eventually run something further, but we'll see how I progress with training.

No comments:

Post a Comment