Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 20 of 20!

The title says it all. I've stuck to my workout plan and dieting for another week. Tomorrow starts the third week of South Beach, where I can move into Phase 2. There are more foods to eat and enjoy, however, I might try to stick out Phase 1 another week or two. I've seen really good results with the combination of South Beach and working out, so I plan to continue. I've lost an additional 3 pounds since my last post, so my total weight lost is currently 19 pounds.

Next week, I start working a REAL law job. Its almost unbelievable that I'll finally be working, using my degree. I'm excited and nervous about it at the same time. Either way, it'll be good to start working full-time. I'll also continue working the weekend at the restaurant; the extra money is well worth the time!

In other happy news, my mom got denied for lap band surgery. I know it sounds harsh that I'm happy about this, but I truly did not think this surgery would be the best solution for her. I think she's been really unhappy with her weight, so her solution was this surgery so it would be a quick and easy fix to the problem. Unfortunately, most people that make the decision to have lap band surgery as a quick fix, will gain the weight back, because they don't stick to the diet plan that's required after the surgery.

Even though, she's not going to have the surgery, she has been working out everyday and dieting with weight watchers. She seems to be happy with herself and her success so far. If she's determined enough, she'll reach her goals by working out and dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment