Saturday, September 11, 2010

Its official

I've registered for my first 5k, next weekend. I finally decided that since I can handle long runs I should be able to handle an actual race. Its called the Strut in Sutton fun run. Its around a beautiful lake and there's a party afterwards, lots of prizes, etc.

On Thursday, I did 3.6 miles in 30:00 (an 8:20 mile), and yesterday, I did 4.6 miles in 44:15 (a 9:37 mile) . I don't know where my time came from on Thursday, but I'm pretty proud that I can get myself to run a pretty fast mile. My pace definitely slowed yesterday as it was a longer run and since I've been running a lot this week, I was feeling a little bit of muscle fatigue. I think I'll do something short today, and then run a 5k tomorrow to see where my time is at.

I also decided that I'm going to need an iPod soon. Running without the music can be great, since it clears my mind. But running with music will definitely be good too.

Its a beautiful day out. I'm trying to be productive this weekend, but I think I'll definitely get out to enjoy this weather too!

No comments:

Post a Comment