Monday, September 27, 2010

Good News all Around!

Good news all around today! I got my NH bar results, and I passed! Relief has definitely come over me; I'm done with bar exams forever!!! Of course, jokingly, people have asked which state I'll be barred in next, but I'm serious when I say I'm done with these exams. The anxiety of studying, taking the test and waiting for the results is just brutal. I wouldn't put myself through that again, I promise!

I've started to look for something full-time, since my current position is only part-time. I'm still really interested in following something in family law. There is a child support enforcement position that I am really interested in. I need to start working on my resume again, and get myself out there.

I've had a good week of running, as well. I've done a bunch of short runs, but I'm ready to dig in for something longer this weekend, maybe 5 miles. Wednesday, I ran one of the usual routes, but cut it a little short. 2.4 miles, with an average mile of 8:15. Thursday, I ran a mile to softball (a 7:39 mile), played softball for about an hour and a half, then ran the mile home, on a different route (with an 8:05 mile). Friday, I tried anew route. Not new to me at all, actually, I ran down the road I lived on for 12 years, though I hadn't run that route yet. It was a nice change, and definitely a more grueling route. 3.67 miles in 32:25 minutes, an average mile of 8:49. Despite my tiny hangover on Saturday, I ran my usual Southgate route of 2.6 miles. And on Sunday, I set out for a longer run 4.33 miles, with an average mile of 9:29 minutes. I've definitely noticed that I do slow down on my longer runs, but I am still able to run them and finish them. Slowing down doesn't bother me, I'm just anxious to be faster.

I'm determined to run another 5k in two weeks, and then the 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Right now, I am debating a 5-miler on Columbus Day weekend at the Warner Fall Foliage Festival. I don't know the route at all and I've been told there is a pretty serious hill involved. If I can run a few longer runs before then, I might just do it. I wouldn't register until the day of, just in case my body isn't ready to do it then.

The only serious issue I've had with running is taking days off. It literally kills me not to run. I enjoy that time so much that I crave it. I'm going to start looking for either a yoga class or a cardio class in the area, because I need something else on those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment