Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy 70th Birthday Dad!

My mom and I really pulled one over on my Dad. Friday, we told him that we would be going out on Saturday night for dinner for his birthday, and he was pretty excited about it. He'd been talking about going back to the Japanese Steakhouse for a while.

When he went in for his shower last night, to get readyto go to
dinner, my mom and I set up everything - the food, decorations, etc. When my Dad emerged from the bathroom, he was speechless when he saw everyone in the house. The first thing out of his mouth was: "So weren't not going out to dinner?" Obviously not!

It was a great success and a real
ly fun night for my dad. There's was tons of food, alcohol and laughs - what more can a guy ask for? Of course, plenty of thrilling gag gifts were all provided to him.

Below is a few pictures of
my Dad's cake, and his most prized birthday gifts.


My Dad is still a die hard Red Sox fan, even after they moved to Kentucky. They order a special baseball package every summer so he can watch the games.


He's in his glory, with his best dog by his side!



His most favorite gifts. The Jingle Jugs we got at Spencer's. It sings "Beers and Tits" all the while the jugs are jingling. And of course, an old fart obviously needs an bedside urinal.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... if the "jingle jugs" and bedside urinal don't SCREAM Kentucky, I don't know what does! Your family must really be embracing that redneck life. After dinner, did you go out in the back of your pappy's pickup truck and trow beer bottles at street signs?

    -Tim

    ReplyDelete