Friday, June 12, 2009

Nothing new

Well I thought I'd post a little update on the happenings in Kentucky. There hasn't been a whole lot going on, not too much happens in Kentucky.

Last night, I survived my first Tornado warning. The tornadoes passed to the south of us and we only had a small thunderstorm. As much as we complain about New England weather, it storms every other day here and we're constantly losing power.

I've been putting in a lot of time studying, and really that's about all. Since I have never lived here (before now), I don't know anyone, so there's not really anyone to go out with. I have yet to go out and do anything social with anyone in Kentucky. While I know I made a really good decision about coming to study here, its hard at times because there is no one to hang out with. I know this is a good thing because I can get a lot of studying in, but I could use a much needed mental break at times.

The one thing I hope this summer gives me is a chance to let go. Its been hard to let go of my relationship with Matt, even though its already gone. I think the letting go has been more or less about being alone and not having someone to share things with.

I also really need to let go of my anger over the bar; nothing else can be done at this point. Ever since I found out I failed, I've been angry about it. I just have a tendency to get angry over the fact that I have to be studying again, when there are plenty of others who probably didn't put in half the effort I did, and they passed.

One thing that has given me joy this summer is being here for my Dad's 70th birthday. Tomorrow, we'll be having his surprise 70th Birthday party for him, and I'm so glad I'll actually be around for it. While he's not my biological Dad, there's no difference to me. He's always been an amazing Dad to me, much better than my biological father. I'm just very happy I can be here for such a big birthday.

I hope everyone in Boston is doing well and I hope you all know you're amazing friends and that I miss you dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment