Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kentucky Oddities...

Below is a list of a few odd things about the people and places in Kentucky.

1. When I grew up, we have ice cream trucks that came around to the neighborhoods. Emphasis on "trucks." In Kentucky, they have ice cream vans. Like the vans often equipped with handicapped lifts. Now ice creams vans scream out "Alert pedophile!" Anybody else?

2. When it rains not only do you lose electricity and cable, you also lose radio stations.

3. While watching TV, I saw a commercial for Universal Technical Institute. However instead of referring to it by name, they kept calling it UTI. To me and probably a lot of other people, UTI means urinary tract infection. Poor choice for an acronym!

4. A lot of people refer to Kentucky and Indiana as Kentuckiana. Funny, I thought these were two different states.

I'll have more oddities to come, but this is just the start of what I think will be a very long list!

2 comments:

  1. north texas and oklahoma were often referred to as texoma

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you celebrate Uncle-Dad Day in Kentucky?

    ReplyDelete