Sunday, August 9, 2009

Alabama Slamah!

I just got back to Kentucky from an insane weekend in Alabama. My good friend, Jenn, from Quinnipiac, works at Auburn University in Alabama. I figured since it was only 7 hours from my parents' house and since I'd probably never get back to Alabama, this would be a once in lifetime trip, and that it was.

I left Kentucky Friday morning and spent the day making the 470 mile drive to Jenn's place. I stopped a few times on the way down, since I had extra time to make the trip. When Jenn got home from work, we were able to catch up for a bit, before heading out. We went to dinner and had some amazing food, including corn nuggets. They were fried deliciousness - bits of creamed corn fried and then dipped in honey mustard. Heavenly!

After that, we headed to a bar in downtown Auburn, Bodega. We sat for a while catching up and generally having a good time. Jenn's friend, Keven, met up with us for some good times. Keven just took the bar last week too, so he was looking to do a bit of celebrating as well, and we did just that.

Around midnight we headed to a bar called The Supper Club. The Supper Club is known for good cover bands and they stay open until 5am. In the back of the bar, there's a broken down bus that you get on just for shots. We did a round of shots on the bus and then moved inside to listen to the cover band, Rumor Mill. They did a lot of stuff from the 80s and 90s and were pretty good. Fun to dance to and fun to listen to.

I met some random guys, from some unknown location, whose names I definitely don't remember, that just started buying us drinks and so we let them. I think we stayed at the bar until maybe 4am, however, I'm not really sure since I was beyond drunk.

We got up around 10:30 the next morning, and I knew before I could even move it was going to be a rough day. A few minutes after we woke up, I realized my purse was MIA. We couldn't find it anywhere in Jenn's apartment. We even drove back to the Supper Club, but of course it wasn't there either. I barely made it through lunch with Jenn and her friends, before I had to get back to Jenn's apartment to hunt down my purse. Fortunately, I found it under her bed; I'm sure I placed it there for safe keeping, during my drunkenness.

I spent the rest of the day dying on Jenn's couch, to be cured from my horrendous hangover at about 7pm. We spent the rest of the evening watching old episodes of "How I Met Your Mother." I liked the show and I even think I am going to go out and get Season 1 on dvd this week.

This morning, Jenn and I grabbed some grease-tastic breakfast at IHOP and reminisced about the insanity of this weekend. We did a quick tour of Auburn University, too. Jenn managed to give me lots of Auburn swag to come home with too.

Sadly, I had to leave the wonderful place of Auburn to come home today. The drive was much faster this time and I got home around 8:30 pm.

1 comment:

  1. love it...war damn eagle! so glad i was able to show u a good time.

    ReplyDelete