Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's Over!

I've been home a little more than 24 hours and all I want to do is sleep. The good news, though, is that the bar is over, for better or for worse. It was a pretty good trip, except for the lack of sleep.

Monday, I left my parents at 5:45am to get to the airport for my day of flying. Interestingly enough, I spent a lot of time in LaGuardia, where I was just a few weeks ago. The only bad part of flying from NY to Providence was the tin can they flew us on. I got to stare at the perpeller out my window for 60 minutes of hell. I've never been motion sick before and I felt horrible after that flight. After that I just kinda relaxed the remainder of the day. I had a great homemade dinner with Sam and Dave, and some much needed wine.

Tuesday, I had a great meeting with Janda, just recapping the essays and some suggestions for Thursday. I also had an amazing lunch with Ilene. I am so glad to have her in my life, because she's been an amazing mentor and supporter through this entire process. After that, I treated myself to a viewing of "The Hangover." The movie was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. I spent the rest of the night trying to relax and not think about the next day.

Wednesday and Thursday felt like disasters. I was a little more anxious that I would have liked, but maybe that's a good thing, especially since last time around I think I was a little too cocky about the whole thing. The best thing that could have happened though, was the examinee next to me. When I approached my sit, I knew the girl looked familiar; it just so happens that we were acquaintances in law school, sat next to each other at graduation and had bar prep classes together; being near someone familiar was so relaxing.

Anyways, I survived, no matter the outcome. Thursday night, I drove to Rhode Island and stayed with Sue's mom. She was so nice to have me, and even provided me with my favorite beer and pizza for dinner. I passed right out that night, and had no problem sleeping, especially compared to the rest of the week. The only downfall was that we had to be up at 4am to get to the airport.

I didn't sleep through either of my flights, as I would have liked. I got back to my parents yesterday around 3 pm and happily slept until 10am this morning. I've spent the day being super lazy, although I did get to ride for the first time this morning. My parents and I are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate my birthday and being done with the bar. I'm glad that I actually get to start enjoying the summer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment