Monday, August 24, 2009

No one said this was going to be easy....

I've officially arrived and begun settling in, in Bradford. The road trip left a little to be desired though. On Saturday, I realized my phone was broken and wouldn't charge, so I couldn't call everyone I know anymore to keep my entertained, rather than talking to myself I also got extremely lost in the DC area and ended up at Fort Myers. I tried explaining to the guard that I just needed to make a u-turn, but alas I had to go to the "search the vehicle" tent. I did manage to avoid getting searched since I kept insisting I was only needing to turn around. Because the directions were unclear off the exit, I spent an extra 75 minutes or so in the car, trying to find Sue and Lokesh's house. Boy was I happy and relieved to have a reprieve from the car for a few hours.

Saturday night, we stayed in and Hamad (a good friend from Law School) came over to join us for a Wii bowling tournament. Although I'd never played any Wii activity before, I won 2 out of the 3 bowling sets.

On Sunday morning, Sue, Lokesh and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast buffet at the nearby Marriott. I hit the road around noon and of course, immediately got lost trying to get out of the city. It took me a good hour plus to get in the right direction and an ok route to travel. I spent the rest of the day traveling the roads less traveled and mostly in the dark, in and around Upstate New York and Vermont.

Traveling through Vermont was by far the worst, though. The directions I got sent me through the back roads of Vermont. While I'm sure it would have been a very nice scenic trip through Vermont during the daytime, at night time in the rain, not so much. It just seemed like I was never going to get on a road that was remotely familiar or even not so scary.

Eventually at 10:30ish on Sunday night, I finally arrived in the beautiful Bradford, NH. While most people probably would not understand my love and appreciation of Bradford, if you live in the city long enough, you would appreciate Bradford for all it has to offer. Of course I'm extremely happy to be somewhere I refer to as "home," I haven't felt as settled and comfortable as I would like. I know that will come with time, as most things do in my life, but seriously, I'm so anxious to get this chapter of my life over with.

"No one said this was going to be easy, but no one said it would be this hard. "The past year has been so amiss of anything satisfying. Sometimes, I really feel like things should be a little easier than they are. However, I know that when it does finally come to me, I will be extremely appreciative and satisfied that all my hard work has finally paid off. Someday, I will practice law and I will understand struggles that many others have not had the pains of dealing with. My hope is that one day I can share that with other law students, who also understand these struggles, and help them to overcome these issues.

So now that I'm in NH, what is a girl to do with herself? Well, work at the restaurant/boats starts tomorrow, for me, and I'll be working a lot. I need it though; not working can be a complete drain, since I crave being busy and feeling like I am actually doing something with my time rather than sitting around doing nothing.


"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats."-- Bertie C. Forbes

1 comment:

  1. You need to for sure keep in mind the LAST part of that quote...No one said it was going to be easy. No one said it was going to be this hard either. THEY JUST PROMISED IT WOULD BE WORTH IT.

    ReplyDelete