Sunday, August 16, 2009

My time is coming to an end....

I can't believe I've been living in Kentucky for just about 3 months. I have to say when I first made the decision to come to Kentucky, it was a decision that I was really forced to make and it wasn't an easy to decision to make. While I was apprehensive at first, Kentucky has really treated me well this summer. Its given me a chance at a new beginning on making a life for myself, one that I know will be exactly what I want and how I want it!

Surprisingly, Kentucky has been really peaceful and relaxing. There's not much to stress about here, and being around the animals has been pretty awesome too. I've also managed to lose a little more than 10 pounds.

For the first time in a long time, I can say I'm truly happy. It almost brings me to tears to say that. It sounds like such a cliche, but with everything that happened, I was forced to move on with a life that was not working for me and find a way to make things work. Its taken a long time to realize it but the relationship wasn't working and I needed out. Its easier to see these things from the outside looking in, than the inside looking out.

Sadly and also happily, I'll be leaving to head to NH on Saturday. I feel like its time to move on with my life; I'm ready to make another big move and finally establish myself in the world. I know I'll miss my family, but being up north feels like home to me, it always has. Even now, when I don't really have a "home", but am just staying with friends until I get settled, the Appleseed (which is where I'll be staying) feels more like home than anything else right now.

To my loyal blog followers, even though I wouldn't be getting lucky in Kentucky anymore, I'll still continue to write. I don't think this journey that I'm on is quite over yet and there will be plenty more moments to share with you all.

P.S.: when and if any of you ever get the chance to visit Kentucky, I strongly recommend it; I even know of a small little farm in a place called Elizabethtown that always welcomes guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment